Blend of Whole Wheat, Cinnamon, Oatmeal and pecans
Yummy Cookie in each hand is the ultimate Balanced Diet !!!! That’s the old say. I say, Make it healthy too. That should be the new one!!
With Fall & Winter months in the nearest future, we are already craving warm winter foods. Oatmeal raisin cookies are one such winter delicacy for me. Warm oatmeal for breakfast is family favorite but the cookies lets us enjoy the oat and raisin flavors anytime of the day.
These Oatmeal cookies have the health facts of whole wheat flour, Oats, Raisins, Cinnamon and Pecans. It all starts with sieving dry ingredients and then adding them to wet ingredients. This cookie is made butter for the health fats but you can easily replace it with Avocado oil to get that creamy buttery taste.
Below is the recipe to use for this fun.
Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies
A beautiful blend of oats, whole wheat flour, raisins, cinnamon with an added crunch of pecans.
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Oatmeal
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick Butter – room temperature
- ½ cup Pecans
- ¾ cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Line a Baking sheet with parchment or Silpat and keep it ready.
- First step would be to bake Pecans in the oven for 5 mins. Let them cool, you can use them as is or cut them into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl of hand mixer, Cream both brown sugar and regular sugar along with butter until its light and creamy. Add egg and mix it well one more time.
- New add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the mix and combine it well.
- Finally add oats, raisins and pecans and give it a good mix. The cookie dough will be wet.ake for 12-15
- Spoon 1 tbsp of dough onto parchment paper/silpat and spread them a bit with Spatula. These cookies doesn’t spread in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until the edges are dry or done. Take them out of the oven and let them stay on baking pan for 5 mins before transferring them to the cooling rack.
- White Chocolate Icing(Optional): * Melt ¼ cup of white chocolate chips, add 1/2 tsp of oil and mix it well. Drizzle this onto the cookies once they are completely cool.
- Add-ins can also be chocolate chips or even other nuts.
- Storage Instructions: * On the Counter: 4-5 days * Refrigerator: 3 weeks * Freezer: Upto 3 months
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org