This cake is absolutely yummy Mamma – That’s the first sentence out of my kid’s mouth after tasting it.
This is a recipe made with frozen strawberries and not the fresh ones. I had some strawberries in the freezer – frozen for smoothies way back. I happily forgot about them for couple of months and finally realized I had to do something about them just before their 3 month freeze time is up.
Out came this ultra moist and absolutely tasty Winter Strawberry Cake. You can also adapt it to make the yummy looking Strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. I personally don’t like any frostings on my cakes unless it is for special occasions.
This cake is extra moist. So, make sure you line the cake pan or bread pan you bake it in with parchment paper and spray with oil well.
Also important to note is to make sure you mash the strawberries well and mix it before adding to the cake batter. Since these are frozen ones, the water content will be more than regular ones and if they are not mixed well, there is can be few spots in the cake which are gooey instead of regular spongy cake.
I totally plan to make this in summer one more time with fresh and juicy strawberries from the farms right next to my home. I am sure its going to be super yum.
Super Moist and Ultra tasty - Frozen Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 oz mashed frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cups) butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Blend the frozen strawberries and keep them ready in a bowl. Spray two 9 inch cake pans well with oil and line them with parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 300 degree F.
- In a kitchen aid bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla and mix them until they are pale in color.
- Add 1 egg at a time and let the kitchenaid mix completely.
- Add salt, baking powder, sugar. Mix well. Finally start adding flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add the mashed strawberries to the cake batter and mix until combined. Divide evenly in the cake pans and get baking.
- Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour depending on your oven. The toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Cake is ready.
- This cake is extra moist. So, make sure you line the cake pan or bread pan you bake it in with parchment paper and spray with oil well.
- Make sure you mix the batter well after the strawberries are added. Otherwise the batter will have few spots of watery gooiness from frozen pieces.
- Yes, the strawberries can be blended before adding to the mix. But I didn’t try that option.
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!