I made below cupcakes for a dear friend recently to take for her office friends. The story gets interesting here. Sometimes you have the best of intentions, but it just doesn’t work out however you try it. The stars were not aligning.
If you are from New Jersey, you can remember the horrible snowstorm which threw 22″ – 25″ snow last month. I don’t think we ever got so much snow in one snowstorm as long as I lived here. We had to shovel the snow 4 times and let me tell you it gets irritating and very very hard to clear the snow from long driveway and even longer sidewalks.
All hands on deck. The snow was relentless and we were left with very sore arms and muscle pains. To add to that, we had more snowstorms in February than any month this season. I am happy to inform that SPRING is just around the corner and I saw the vibes passing around the neighborhood.
Ok, coming back to the story of these cupcakes – So, I made these beauties on a weekend in February and here goes the story!
- Saturday – cupcakes made
- Sunday – My friend picked them up
- Monday – Snowstorm in NJ – Snow accumulated – 15″ – Office closed
- Tuesday – Snowstorm continued – Total accumulated – 22 ” – Office closed
- Wednesday – Roads are not completely cleared – Still office closed
- Thursday – Schools closed and offices are not cleared for entry.
- Friday – That’s the day when she got to take the cupcakes to her office friends.
I messaged my friend like 3-4 times in this one week asking if her friends liked the cupcakes. By Thursday, I gave up checking with her and didn’t want to annoy her.
Friday night, I get the below message which made me smile and forget all the hard work we did to clear the snow on our driveway and then some.
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!