Star Ingredients: Pecans & Maple Syrup
In the family of “Nutritious Nuts”, Pecans didn’t always come first in my mind. Its always Almonds followed by Pistachios. Only recently I started to peck its benefits. And one of the simplest and yummiest snack I tried recently is the Maple Pecans. I was wonderfully delighted to learn how easy they are to make at home. You need 10 mins and 2 ingredients to make these babies and you will be enjoying them in no time.
You basically toast Pecans in the pan on a stove top for 5 mins, add maple syrup and let it simmer for 5 more mins until the syrup is all absorbed by the nuts. Its that easy. Once the syrup is absorbed, the nuts will have a coat of crystal sugar. Spread them on the parchment paper to dry completely. That’s it.
Even kids can do it with little or no help from you. That’s how easy it is. Let’s start.
2 ingredient Maple Pecans
Simple Pecans elevated with just touch of Maple syrup
- 2 cups Pecans
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (Optional)
- In a pan on medium-low heat, roast the pecans for 5-6 mins. Make sure the heat is low, the pecans get burnt very easily.
- Once the nuts are toasted and turn aromatic, add maple syrup. It will immediately start to bubble up. Add salt and Cardamom at the same time.
- Quickly mix the nuts and syrup to coat well. Keep stirring around for 3-4 more mins until it becomes kind of semi dry.
- Take them off the heat and spread on a parchment paper and separate them. Leave them for 5-10 mins until they are completely cool. Enjoy !!!
- Maple Pecans can be stored at room temperature for 1 week.
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!