Psst….It has Avocado Oil & Maple Syrup in it!
As soon as I opened the oven door, the vibrant, aromatic smell of roses swirled around me!
I was not trying to open my food blog post in a poetic way, but that was what I remember at the first glance of the sweet smell of these goodies.
A beautiful blend of almonds, pistachios, and Rose petals come together infused with Rose water to make these yummy tots!
While I make something special for my family on Valentines day, I made these cookies much before to try out the new rose petals I bought. They didn’t disappoint me. The rose petals are delicate and full of rose goodness. They are really good for tea.
Rose Petals contain Polyphenols, antioxidants that are really good at saving your body from cell damage along with weight loss benefits. Good hydration in winter is very important and Rose petal tea makes a wonderful tea.
If you are thinking, can we use Rose Water for cooking? The answer is yes. Its safe as long as it is food grade rose water. Also, 2 tsp in the recipe is more than enough to get that rosy flavor to your cookies. Adding too much will result in a kind of pungent odor which you do not want.
The recipe is really simple. Add all the ingredients in a bowl, mix them well. Roll them into desired shapes and then bake. The dough will be super sticky. But use parchment paper or a bit of water to wet your hands before touching the dough should work.
The cookies can be decorated with pistachios and more rose petals on the top. This cookie is sweetened by maple syrup and glued with Avocado oil. I would say all the goodness in one little cookie. What’s not to like?
Make the cookies in any shape or form you like. Tiny heart shaped cookies drizzled with white chocolate and rose petals would be one good idea if you are planning this for valentines day.
Let’s get into this!
Vegan Rose Pistachio Cookies
Fresh Rose scented aromatic Pistachio Almond Cookies made of Avocado Oil & Maple Syrup!
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 Cardamon powder
- 2 tsp Rosewater
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pistachios (cut into pieces)
- 1 tbsp Dried Rose petals
- Preheat Oven to 350 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and keep it aside.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well to form a ball.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough and place it on the baking sheet and press gently. Add pistachio or rose petals on top. This is optional.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until edges are slightly brown. Enjoy!
- Sliced or toasted Pistachios made good topping on the cookies.
- If the dough is sticky to press, use the parchment paper or wax paper to press gently.
- The cookies can also be shaped to squares, rectangles or even hearts for that special touch!
- Avocado Oil can be replaced by Olive Oil.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com