When I think of Healthy, Nutritious and Plant based Protein – Only one item pops up in my mind. That’s TOFU!
I have few recipes of Tofu on my blog and you can see my love for Tofu in these recipes. Do check them out to see how you can include them in your daily diet!
This new recipe has peppers and carrot leaves in it and made into burritos!
I mentioned it before on the blog – and I will say it again. Getting the Produce boxes from my local farm opened the new doors for me to try new produce. And one of those would be Carrot leaves. The box regularly came freshly picked, beautiful, bright orange carrots which are super sweet. But my wise mother-in-law saw something more. The carrot leaves which were hanging from these sweet carrots. She made a simple carrot leaves stir fry which crossed my expectations and super yummy!
I took that idea to include these slightly crunchy leaves in my tofu scramble. It was a super hit with the family. They wanted this item on regular lunch time rotation. Win-Win!
The recipe is simple. Make Tofu scramble with onions, peppers and other veggies whatever you like. Add washed and cut carrot leaves in the scramble at the end! Make them into Burritos!
Rolling the tortillas into Burritos need not be daunting. Below picture shows you how you can do it in few easy steps and effectively.
Wrap them in parchment paper and then in aluminum foil to keep them or take them in the lunch box.
Tofu Pepper Carrot leaves Burritos
Nutritious Tofu Burritos filled with veggies and Carrot greens
- 1 pack (14 oz) Soft Tofu
- 6 Corn Tortillas(8 inch)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 bunch Spring onions – cut into small pieces
- 1 Red or yellow pepper – diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup carrot leaves – wash and cut into small pieces
- 5 tsp Chilli sauce or Mint chutney
- In a skillet on medium flame, add oil. Once hot, add onions and fry them until they are soft.
- Add a bit of salt and then add diced peppers. Fry them well.
- Take Tofu from the package, drain the water and add by crumbling into pieces with your hand directly into the pan.
- Mix well. It looks watery in the beginning. But keep cooking without the lid for 5-7 mins until all the water in the pan is evaporated.
- Add salt, curry powder and mix it well.
- Finally add carrot leaves and let cook for 5 more mins. Scramble is ready.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds. Start assembling the burritos.
- Add 1 tsp of chili sauce, spread it around the tortilla. Add the tofu mixture and start rolling it like a burrito.
- I used spicy chili sauce as the base. You can sub plain Greek yogurt or mint sauce or any other sauce.
- You can substitute the avocado oil with any kind of cooking oil you use.
- If you like Paneer instead of Tofu, please feel free to use the same.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com