Everyday is Mangoficient!!!
Yes, it is and as it should be with Mango season this summer.
Mango ice cream should not be too sweet or too sour in my opinion. Just the right taste of hints of sweet and lemony sourness is the right note to enjoy this deliciousness.
Now that the summer is in full swing in New Jersey, I am trying my hand at making cold drinks and desserts like smoothies, ice creams and more.
I got the heavy cream to make one type of ice cream. But soon it was evident and easy that I could whip 3 different flavors.
This ice cream can be made with or without Ice cream maker.
The milk powder will give that extra creamy taste & texture to the icecream. Yes, there are many recipes without the milk powder. But the taste does change dramatically with just this simple addition.
If you don’t use milk/milk powder it tastes more than Mango sorbet than the ice cream to me. Squeeze in 1 tbsp of lemon juice. This will help the sugar to de-crystalize in the icecream.
More Mango recipes:
More Heavy Cream based recipes:
Easy Mango Ice cream
Make your mornings quicker and simpler with Chia pudding
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk (2%)
- 1/2 cup Milk powder
- 1.5 cups Mango puree
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- In a medium bowl or bowl of kitchenaid with whisk attachment, add heavy cream and sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved and well combined. No need for soft/stiff peaks.
- Add Milk, milk powder, Mango puree and mix well to combine
- Squeeze in 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix and then wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge give a good mix and then use icecream maker to get the churned icecream. You can get almost similar consistency by just freezing it in freezer safe bowl.
- Leave the churned or mixed cream in the freezer for 8 hours for that yummy icecream consistency.
- Mix in extra Mango pieces, cashews, pistachios, cardamom powder, mango puree or even rose petals
- Let the icecream set for atleast 4 hours.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com