If you like to have veggies for lunch but not in a boring way, then this simple style is for you. I like to have my veggie/fruits servings by lunch time, so that I can go for other food groups in the later part of the day. I went for this simple stir fry so that its both sweet and spicy at the same time.
Both Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower are rich in Vitamin C, Magnesium and Antioxidant. And the addition of simple spices make it all the more hearty, warm and filling. Next time you are at the grocery store, be sure to pick up this wonderful heathy vegetable to spice it up. I like to leave them separate but together on the plate.
Simple Sweet Potato Cauliflower stir fry
Warming Vegetables stir-fry.
- Sweet Potatoes – 2 medium
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Mccormick Montreal Chicken spice – ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – ½ tsp
- Cauliflower – 1 head
- Oilve Oil – ¼ cup
- Garlic Powder –1 tsp
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and take them into a bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and mix it well. You can even flip, flip, flip.
- Add the turmeric, garlic and onion powder.
- Spread them evenly on the sheet and bake them for 20 mins.
- While the cauliflower is baking, cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large frying pan, over the high heat add the olive oil and then add sweet potato pieces. Toss them around to coat the oil evenly.
- After 5 mins, reduce the heat to medium-low and place a lid. Let the pieces cook until they are soft. Toss the pieces every few minutes so that they don’t stick to pan or get burnt.
- Once the potato pieces are soft, add salt, ginger powder, spice and fry.
Enjoy the fry as is or with your favorite spicy ketchup or hot sauce.
Have you tried this easy recipe? Let me know, tag us on Instagram at #smithasbakelove or leave a comment.