A simple easy & delicious Pesto with minimal ingredients and comes together in 15 mins. Easy breezy green all the way!
Its not a brand new recipe of sorts. While a traditional Pesto is made of Basil and Olive oil, I tried to make this one with Pesto and Avocado oil with slight changes to the traditional recipe.
I even tried the similar method with Spinach and walnuts which I am planning to share sometime in the future.
Summer recipes are all the blaze now. And making them from scratch is even more doable now more than ever. But it makes even more easier if you have few things made ahead to make that dinner or lunch easier.
Pesto comes in the handy with your lunch or dinner dishes. Below are some of the ways I use this.
- Make Pasta and simply make it extra delicious and healthy by adding Pesto along with chicken / cherry tomatoes or zucchini pieces instead of the good old Pasta sauce.
- Use the Pesto for making simple sandwiches for lunches.
- Use it on tortilla or Indian bread-chapathi as green chutney and add some sauteed protein or veggies along with a drizzle of ketchup.
- Simple garnish on Garlic bread
- Toss with chicken bites and serve with main dish
- Add in the salad for extra flavor
Really, the options are truly endless to enhance your food.
I used Pine nuts in this recipe. The tiny bits of creaminess but also pretty expensive. Mostly everyone uses these nuts during christmas to make Pinenut cookies – Pignoli. For some reason, I didnt like them. But I love their taste in Pestos or savary food rather than sweet.
You might like:
The recipe is simple. Gather the ingredients Parsley, garlic, lemon juice, cheese, pine nuts and oil of your choice. Make sure the the parsley is fresh and vibrant green in color. Process them all in food processor, check the taste, adjust the salt or lemon juice accordingly. That’s it. Enjoy!!!
I would have loved to add a green chili in there, but I have been warned to not make it spicy by my little customers in-house. They didn’t want their Green pasta to taste like Indian Chutney :).
By the way, skipping the garlic will seriously compromise the flavor of this dish.
Delicious way to add greens to Pasta, sandwiches and many more.
- 2 oz Parsley
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- Wash and cut parsley and keep the other items ready.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend it well. Yes, its that simple.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com