While I always strive for simple and easy pasta with less number of ingredients, I regularly try to include more veggies in one way or other. Today’s pasta is also something similar. It’s the combo of zoodles and regular pasta along with the cherry tomatoes tossed with some spices and olive oil. And finally enjoyed with some lemongrass on the side.
The cherry tomatoes and zucchini are from the misfitsmarket box. This post is not sponsored in anyway. I feel something delicious can be made with “so-called” misfits.
Now, lets see how we can make this delicious Pasta salad.
Zucchini Cherry Tomato Pasta
Bursting flavor of Tomato with healthy additon of Zucchini noodles and hint of garlic and lemon balm makes the best pasta
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic
- 1 large zucchini strips or zoodles
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ cup washed and cut Lemon balm (for garnish)
- 1 tsp chili flakes(Optional)
- Cook Pasta in salted water according to instructions on the package. Drain and keep it ready.
- In a hot pan, add olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and fry for couple of mins. Add the tomatoes and again fry 2-3 mins.
- Once the garlic and tomatoes are cooked, add zucchini noodles and fry for just 1 min. More than that, they become mushy.
- Finally add the cooked pasta, toss it well until the olive oil mixture and pasta are well combined.
- Garnish with lemon pepper, chili flakes and lemon balm.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org