More and more of us are gravitating towards the simple and fewer ingredients which will fill us up and made of healthy and protein rich ingredients. These cookies tick all those boxes and more.
Almond flour and coconut sugar are the star ingredients. You only need baking powder, water and salt to support the cookie. That’s all it needs.
I made them more like thumbprint cookies to bring in dear chocolate somewhere. Come on, we all like our chocolate to creep into our sweets somewhere (if you are like me). But, these cookies can be made as simple ones which would be more like sugar cookies but only with almond flour instead of regular ones.
The cookies can also be varied with using choc chips, nuts, seeds, fruit jam, Nutella or if you like to go with my route, I used Vegan coconut chocolate mousse to fill in those gaps. Pick your fav and get to baking.
The only change would be
– to add the choc chips/nuts or seeds to the dough – mix them well with the dough and then bake.
– to add the Nutella or fruit jam/spread in the thumb printed cookies after they are baked and while they are still warm and then let them cool completely.
5 Ingredient Vegan Almond Cookies
Flour less, Vegan cookies with just 5 ingredients
- 1 cup Almond Flour (not meal)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (replace with same amount of normal sugar)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 360 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix it well.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough, roll it into balls and drop them on the baking sheet. Make thumb indents.
- Bake for 12-14 mins until the edges are brown. Take them out of the oven and cool them a bit before filling the centers with jam/nutella. Enjoy!!!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org