Heart healthy fats from the plant based is obviously the best nutrition you can get. Seeds falls in the category which are one of those tiny but mighty ones I would say.
Seeds are good source of healthy plant protein, dietery fiber, vitamins, minerals including zinc, copper and magnesium. Research shows abundant benefits of including the seeds in everyday diet. They aid in weight loss, digestive problems, prevention of certain cancers and managing blood sugar levels.
These are few reasons but strong enough to include them in your diet everyday. I love sesame seeds. You can see how I like to include them here in Sesame balls and Spicy Turmeric bars I made before. On the same note, I brought you another simple & easy recipe to make the snack more healthy and nutritious.
I used Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds – all toasted. But they can be easily made with just raw ingredients and also include dried fruit or coconut flakes for variations. I needed to use up the toasted pumpkin seeds I got from Costco. So, this worked out better for me.
As these bars are made entirely with seeds and honey, people with nut allergies can easily enjoy them. They are also gluten free and comes under entire plant based food.
Lets jump in.
4 seed Honey Crunch bars (No Bake version)
Crunchy, Healthy & Nutritious seed bar made with honey and plant based ingredients
- 1/3 cup Sesame seeds toasted
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds toasted
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Raw honey
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- Spread parchment paper in a 8×10 glass or metal dish and keep it ready.
- In a pan on medium heat, add honey and brown sugar. Stir well to combine and cook for 3-4 mins. Add all the seeds and mix it well.
- Let it stay on the heat for 1-2 mins until all the liquid is absorbed by the seeds. Carefully transfer it to the prepared dish.
- Spread it carefully and slowly. Leave it to set for 30 mins.
- Use the ends of parchment paper to lift it and set it on cutting board. Cut it desired shapes, let cool completely.
- The seeds can be toasted individually for 5 mins. Dont try to toast them all at once, the sesame seeds will burn easily than others.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org