This simple, yet flavorful and veggies filled meal can be prepared in less than 30 mins for a hearty and healthy plate.
I have seen many many salads using Bok choy but I didn’t knew how to use or cook them. I recently learned how to make use of these very healthy greens which are rich in Vitamin C, E and Carotene. Bok Choy can also be considered as superfoods like Broccoli and kale.
On this particular day, I started to make Bokchoy for lunch and it quickly turned into full healthy meal by inclusion of chickpea salad and Acorn squash.
The chickpeas are from last Sunday when I made chickpeas curry along with Vegetable friend rice. I make them at home in instant pot. You simply soak dry chickpeas overnight and in the morning, cook them in instant pot along with 1 tsp of salt for 15 mins using pressure cook option. Let the pressure release naturally and your chickpeas are ready.
Whenever I make the curry, I always prepare more so that I can use extras in salad, chickpeas burger or snack. Today these went into easy and healthy salad.
I get misfit boxes every other week and this lone Acorn squash was sitting in my fridge for quite sometime now. So, I decided to make the dessert out of it. Simply cook it in microwave for 5 mins in a glass dish filled with water. Be very careful while taking out the dish out of microwave. Leave it out for 10 mins. Start scrapping out the flesh using spoon. Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Mix it well.
There, yummy & extra healthy dessert is ready. Sprinkle the top with melon or pumpkin seeds – you got the added crunch.
Now, when you assemble all of them together, you get this beautiful bounty. Enjoy!!!!
Chickpeas Salad with Bok choy & Acorn squash.
Flavorful, greens & veggies filled lunch for two.
- 2 cups of 1 can Chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Green Pepper or Capsicum
- 2 tbsp or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil –
- 4 Bok choy
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice –
- 1 Acorn squash
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Melon or Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Chickpea Salad:—
- Chop onion & tomato to small pieces and add them into a bowl. Add cooked chickpeas and mix them well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for salad in a separate bowl. Mix this dressing with salad and mix it all well. Enjoy!!
- Cut Bokchoy into halves, add these to the pan with 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Close the lid, cook it for 2 mins on each side.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour this mixture on the boychoy and toss it well to coat. Remove them onto a plate to enjoy.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, scoop out all the seeds.
- Place this cut pieces – flesh side down in a microwave safe bowl. Cook it in microwave for 5 mins and let stand in the microwave for 10 mins before taking the bowl out.
- Once outside, let stand for another 10 mins, then scoop out all the flesh from the acorn. Add maple syrup (and maybe cinnamon if you like it) and a pinch of salt.
- Garnish with melon or pumpkin seeds and Enjoy!!!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com