Did you know that Rose water can be used in Culinary creations along with Beauty products?
Yes, in the middle east, Rose water is used in many traditional dishes as a key ingredient. Especially in sweets made of milk, butter and nuts. Addition of rose water enhances the flavor of the dish and also gives it beautiful aroma which enhances your bad mood for good.
You might have heard the rose water being used in cosmetics but it has many many uses apart from beauty products. Few of them are
- Anti-bacterial & Anti-septic
- Prevention or treatment of infections
- Protects against skin damage
- Relieves Headaches
- Anti-aging properties
- To clean the eyes (according to Ayurveda)
Its also important to note that, there are few types of rose water available on the market. Make sure the product you are using is food/culinary grade. The food grade should have only one ingredient “Distilled Rose Water”. Then its safe to use in food.
Another important note about the rose water is the amount of water you use for the food. Rose water is very strong ingredient. A little goes a long long way. Most of the recipes can be made with just ½ tsp tsp 1 tsp of rose water. Anything more than that, the dish will smell only roses instead of its actual glory.
Coming to this cake, the Pistachio & Rose is another beautiful & flavorful combo which is very pleasant & tasty in the sweet dishes. This Cake along with roses, almonds, pistachio & cardamom brings the beautiful mood of happy & healthy to your plate.
I recently picked up these baking tubes from thrift store. It has heart, star and round shaped tubes. I couldn’t be happier to use my rose cake in heart baking tube, to get those perfect hearts.
Also, I am giving the measurements and time of the recipe for a regular cake instead of the baking tube as not everyone has these tubes.
Either way, these cakes are going to be yummy like your childhood delicacies.
Rose Pistachio Cake Bites
Beautiful & Flavorful Cardamom infused Rose cake with pistachios
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a parchment paper on cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer, add butter, oil, eggs and sugar and mix well.
- In another bowl – add all dry ingredients – flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt & cardamom powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix them well. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Bring the cake out of the oven and allow to cool completely. Slice & Enjoy !!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org