Whole wheat flour, Lemon zest, Blueberry & Olive oil
I guess I am one of those people who doesn’t try new things usually, but when they do, they stick to the new as if there is nothing else that matters.
I am talking about the flavor combos of the cakes / muffins or breads I am making these days. Ever since I tried Lemon & Blueberry combo for the cake. I am itching to make it again but a little bit more healthified.
Whole wheat – Lemon – Blueberry – Olive Oil Muffins with (wait for it) ….Yogurt frosting.
Yes, I made it with healthy ingredients and used Olive oil. But dont worry about the flavor of olive oil in the muffin. The muffin kicks in the lemon flavor first and then the sweet blueberry follows to your taste buds.
You will not taste the olive oil at all. It’s just in your mind. Really!!
And further more, the yogurt glaze on the top makes sure your sweet tooth is satisfied before going to lemony route.
Whole wheat grains, lemon juice, blueberry sweetness and Olive oil healthy fat — Need I say more???
Enjoy them for
- School snack
- Kids favourites
Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry-Olive Oil Cupcakes
Healthy grains, fruits and fats in a small muffin!!
- 1 cup Whole wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Fresh blueberries + 1 tbsp of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line the muffin tray with cupcake liners and keep it ready.
- Add 1 tbsp flour to blueberries and dust them well. This will keep berries to sinking to bottom of the muffins.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients – flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Mix them well.
- In a second bowl, add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs and olive oil and mix it well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix it well.
- Now, add dusted blueberries to the muffin mixture and mix them gently.
- Fill 3/4th of each muffin with batter and bake them for 30-35 mins.
- Use the toothpick to check if they are done and remove them. Let them cool completely.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar and 1 tsp of yogurt and mix it well together. Drizzle this glaze on top of the muffins and place 2-3 blueberries(optional).
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com