If you are from India, you might have definitely tasted Karachi Bakery cookies or at the least heard of it. So, I was craving them so much that I made a double batch of the cookie dough. I used basic shortbread cookie dough & mixed cashew flour to give that rich cashew flavor to the whole cookie. And then topped it off with some bits of broken cashews to give that slightly toasted & crunchy top once they are baked.
Enjoy the yummy cookies with some Indian Tea or some Coffee. They taste awesome either way.
Whole Wheat Cashew Cookies
Yummy Cashew cookies made with whole wheat flour and bits of cashew – a perfect accomplishment for warm evening tea.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup (You can use 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour only instead of whole wheat)
- Butter – 1/2 cup (1 stick) – room temperature
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cashews grinded – 1/4 cup (Little less)
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Broken Cashews – 1/2 cup – To spread on top of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grind Cashews into Powder and keep it aside.
- In a Kitchenaid mixer or a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until its light and fluffy.
- Add Baking Powder and salt and mix it.
- Add the cashews powder and both flours and mix for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Dust the counter top with some flour and roll the dough. Spread the broken cashews and roll the top one more time.
- Time to cut the cookies into small squares and transfer them onto cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 mins or until the edges are golden.
- Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 5 mins before transferring them to cooling rack.
- Store them in air tight container for 4-5 days.