Star Ingredients: Whole Wheat flour, Coconut oil, Oats, Chocolate chips, Pumpkin seeds and wheat Bran.
Do you ever mix White & Brown Chocolate chips in a single cookie?
Mine is a serious effort to make one snack which can be enjoyed by 2 people who eat either brown or white chocolate chips but not both usually. No, seriously, I am not joking. This cookie is the only one where they compromise and never get bored.
Since it has all the good stuff, and my life is made easier by making one mass baking of this snack, I am even more happy to bake it every time.
Lets dive in.
Delicious Healthy Chocolate Chip cookies with oats and coconut oil
Delicious Chocolate chips Cookies .
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Bran – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Softened Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Large egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Old fashioned oats – 2/3 cup
- Brown Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- White Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a kitchen aid bowl, cream coconut oil and both sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat it for 1 more minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix first 4 ingredients and add it to the liquids on lowest speed.
- Finally add oats, chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds and stir to combine. Do not overmix it.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough with a cookie scoop or tablespoon to make balls and place them on the baking sheets.
- Press the balls into circles with your hand or back of a jar lid. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely before storing them.
- Add ins can be raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts or even all chocolate chips.
- These cookies are good for 1 week on the counter or freezes really well for up to a month.
- You can freeze the dough balls and just bake them when needed.
Have you made these cookies? Please share your thoughts with us.