How many of you load the big box of quaker oatmeal into your cart in Costco every couple of months?
I do and for good reasons. We use it for breakfast – porridge, granola, baked oatmeal, cookies, smoothies, savory oat porridge and on and on on. So, in order to keep up the demand I have to lug it every 2 months. Fair point?
I had to give the background story of oatmeal bags to justify the absolutely yummy and delicious flourless and yummy cookies. The cookies are a simple version of chocolate chip cookies without the flour or egg. The flour is replaced by oats flour and coconut oil gives that nutty taste to every bite.
These cookies are
- Simple ingredients
Once you mix all the ingredients and place them on the baking sheet, make sure you press them a little with your fingers or back of a cup. The cookies doesn’t spread much and will result in unbaked portions if you miss this part.
Once the cookies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them stand for 10-15 mins. If you take them out of the pan early, they might break apart.
Flourless Chocolate chip cookies
Super healthy oatmeal cookies with crunch and munch.
- 1 1/4 cup Oatflour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crystal sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut or Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp of oatmilk
- Preheat the oven to 380 F. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper and keep it ready.
- Add oatflour, baking soda, salt and sugars in one bowl. mix it well. Add the coconut oil, oatmilk and combine it well. Finally add the chocolate chips and make it into big ball. Leave it covered for 5 mins.
- Now, take 1 tbsp of dough, form a ball and press them on prepared baking sheets. Spread them a little with fingers or back of cup/mug.
- Bake for 7-8 mins and once out of the oven, leave them on the baking sheet for 10 mins to cool down.
- Crispy and super healthy cookies are ready. Enjoy.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org