My love for Tofu is definitely growing everyday. I seem to be substituting it for everything where traditional Indian paneer is asked. I already shared couple of my Tofu recipes- Veggie Tofu Scramble and Spiced Tofu and and I am sharing one more to show my love yet again.
My kids are out of school now. But the hustle and bustle of the swim lessons, music lessons, summer rec, robotics camp, soccer camp etc etc makes it look like school is in full session, except I am not packing lunches everyday in the morning at 5:30. They are definitely a solution for “Whats for lunch?” dilemma on the days I have to chauffeur my kids from one activity to another or their afternoon summer rec program.
Once you make the Tofu scramble, its easy to assemble your sandwiches in matter of minutes. I make a double batch of scramble to last for two lunches Or for a dinner and lunch. The veggies that go into the scramble is basically anything you have in your fridge thus making it very versatile for any combo.
Let’s start building !!
Tofu sandwich with veggies and whole wheat bread
- Tofu Scramble – refer the link in the notes section.
- Whole wheat bread slices – 4
- Spreadable butter – 2 tbs
- Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp per sandwich (Optional)
- Mint chutney – 1 tsp per sandwich (Optional)
- Add ketchup to the tofu scramble and mix well. This will be the filling for the sandwiches.
- Take 2 slices of wheat bread, spread the butter on one side.
- Add the filling, chilli flakes and mint chutney if using and close the sandwich with second slice of bread. Spread the butter on the outer layer of the bread. Repeat the same with other 2 slices.
- Carefully transfer the sandwiches onto the toaster. Close the lid and let cook for 4-5 mins.
- Use a wooden spatula to lift the sandwich off the toaster and place onto a plate.
- Serve it with more mint chutney or spicy ketchup. Enjoy
Did you try this recipe? If yes, Please share your feedback in the comments section. Also please subscribe.