No Milk – No sweetener
Simple and completely unexpected yummy. This smoothie needs no milk and no sugar. The sweetness comes from all the 3 Bs listed in the title. Add your favorite toppings and you are set for this smoothie bowl to serve as your lunch.
My toppings included the cacao bits. They are these tiny raw cocoa bits which are slightly bitter and packs a very healthy nutrition. For the triple sweetness of the veggies and fruits added in this smoothie, the cacao bits addition gets the perfect balance.
I also added my regular toppings of chia seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Gives the smoothie lots and lots of crunch. You can vary it with coconut bits or honey or maple syrup drizzle.
I enjoyed it with boiled and salted corn on the side for my lunch. Yep, I like my veggies everyday in one way or other.
The smoothie itself is vegan but you can definitely customize it to add any milk or sweetener of your choice.
Beetroot Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Rich and deliciously smooth veggie - fruity smoothie
- Beetroot – Peel and cut – 1/2
- Blueberry – 1 cup
- Banana – 1
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Cacao nibs – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Almonds(sliced) – 2 tsp (Optional)
- Add the beetroot, washed blueberries and peeled and cut banana in blender and grind them well.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water depending on the consistency.
- Top it with toppings listed or your favorite toppings.