Star Ingredients: Chia Seeds, Mangoes and Oatmilk
Short n sweet recipes are becoming kind of like my mantra these days. I am guessing and hoping everyone knows about Chia seeds. But if you are one of the late bloomers like me, Chia seeds are these teeny tiny black seeds which got its place in the “Superfood” family pretty quickly. They are rich in Calcium(18%) and Magnesium(30%) and pack 4gms of protein and 11 gms of Fiber per ounce – told you it’s a super food.
Fun fact – Chia seeds can absorb as much as 12 times their weight in liquid. Source
As I have been chanting before on this blog, any healthy and nutritious breakfast I can make in the morning military hour(aka school time) gets A+ in my book. And who doesn’t like to enjoy sweet in the morning as their breakfast. We are no exception.
This summer, we are enjoying mangoes from Indian store to the fullest in smoothies, yogurt rice and of course as a daily desert at night. I wanted to see if we can enjoy the same in the morning too. The pudding didn’t disappoint us. We had a wholesome breakfast this morning.
Another good ingredient that goes in this recipe is Oatmilk. If you have not tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Its creamy, tasty and definitely good alternative to regular milk. In this recipe the soaked chia seeds will taste more creamy and dreamy with Oatmilk without adding too much oats taste. But I also tried it in the coffee and it definitely won me over.
Lets see how simple and easy it is to put together in 5 mins.
3-ingredient Mango-Chia-Oat Breakfast Pudding
Make your mornings quicker and simpler with Chia pudding
- Chia seeds – ½ cup
- Oat Milk – 1.5 cup
- Ripe Mango – 1
- Honey – 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp (Optional)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Soak Chia seeds in Oatmilk overnight in the fridge. Make sure the bowl is big enough to hold all the gelled up chia seeds.
- In the morning, peel, slice and puree the mango. Add Cardamom powder while pureeing the mango slices.
- Add mango puree, vanilla extract and honey to the Chia seeds.
- Add Pumpkin seeds if you want more crunch. Enjoy!!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post, do not forget to subscribe.