Star Ingredients: Whole Wheat, Banana, Pecans & Chocolate Chips
In the age of counting calories and servings for everything we put in our mouth, the banana you get per serving is obviously more than any other food. Seriously, think about it – One serving of banana is considered to be about 126 grams and contains 110 calories, 30 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of protein.
I vote for banana as a quick snack and instant energy booster anytime of the day. Also its my go to for smoothie after gym. Such a universal fruit – most easily and readily available, very cheap to buy, lot of yumminess in one serving, keeps you full longer, abundant source of potassium and…..What I am really really saying is ‘I LOVE BANANA’.
Its also no surprise that Banana bread is the most whipped and baked bread in the baking world. Lets make it tad more healthier with this Whole Wheat and pecan added ‘Banana Bread’.
- Banana bread is good for 2-3 days on the counter.
- It can frozen after completely cooling and slicing it(if desired). Wrap with plastic wrap and then use foil to cover and freeze in the Ziploc.
Healthy Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips & Pecans
Moist Banana bread made with whole wheat flour, almond milk, avocado oil and pecans
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Mashed Bananas – 3
- Almond Milk – ¼ cup
- Avocado / Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
- Chocolate chips – ½ cups + 1 tbsp for garnish
- Pecans – ¼ cups + 2 tbsp for garnish
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease the bread pan with oil and keep it aside.
- Add first 6 ingredients in a bowl, mix well to combine.
- Now add eggs, milk, bananas and oil to the mix and stir it well.
- Finally add Chocolate chips and pecans and stir until combined.
- Pour it into the bread pan, top with chocolate chips and pecans as garnish. Bake the bread for 40 mins.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 10-15 mins more.
- Tap on the bottom of the pan, if it sounds hallow – its done. Otherwise bake it for 5-10 mins more.
- Leave the bread in the pan for 10 mins and transfer it to wire rack to cool.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.