Star Ingredients: Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Coconut Oil, Chia Seeds and Almond Milk
As they say – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its true – once you have healthy breakfast, your mind is clear, your tummy is full and you are absolutely making good decisions about your health and life.
Coconut oil base, Cinnamon infused, chia seeds soaked in almond milk makes a great combo. The result is one yummy warm cakey taste on the inside and slightly crunchy cookie taste on the outside.
I love this oatmeal not only because its super yummy and healthy but its so easy to make and bake. I usually prepare the oatmeal the night before and in the morning, all I have to do is just bake it. Makes morning life very easy and quick. This recipe easily doubles and freezes beautifully on those days when you are super busy but want healthy in the morning.
It’s a keeper, I have been making this breakfast multiple times in a month from past 8 years. The record says it all.
We love to enjoy this with milk & cane sugar to make it even more yummy. Make it and dig in. You will see why I am raving about it so much.
Baked Chia Oatmeal
Easy Baked Oatmeal with Chia
- Old Fashioned Oats – 3 cups
- Coconut Oil – 1/3 cup
- Chia seeds – 2 tbsps
- Eggs – 2
- Brown Sugar – ¾ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1.4 tsp
- Almond Milk – 11/4 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Prepare the oatmeal on the night before.
- Warm (not heat) the coconut oil for 20 secs in microwave, add brown sugar, cinnamon and eggs and beat it well.
- Add vanilla and almond milk – stir to combine.
- Finally add oats, baking powder, salt, chia seeds and combine it well so all the ingredients are coated and soaked in the milk.*
- Cover and leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, spray 9×13 baking tray with oil, add the mixture and bake it in the oven at 375 degree F for 35 mins.
- The top should look golden brown before taking it out.
- To serve the oatmeal, simply add milk of your choice in the bowl – add baked oatmeal, sprinkle with ¼ – ½ tsp of sugar and enjoy!!
- Coconut oil can be replaced with butter.
- Addition of chia seeds is optional.
- Brown sugar can be replaced with regular sugar.
- You can freeze it after the step 4 in ziplock bag and good for 3 months. Leave it in the fridge the night before you want to bake it.
- The almond milk can be replaced with milk of your choice.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.