Are you a Coffee or Tea Lover?
I am tea fan through and through. But latte is the indulgence. One I like to enjoy from time to time is a good latte.
If you like the warm and toasted smell of coffee roasting,
you will definitely enjoy these cookies very well. The instant latte combined
with buttery sugar is perfect addition to make a coffee toffee in your mouth.
The recipe is simple and yet the cookies are irresistible at the same time.
Crispy Coffee Cookies
- All purpose flour – 1 ¼ cup
- Butter – ½ cup or 1 stick at room temperature
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Instant Latte envelope – 1
- Egg yolk – 1
- Hot water – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Crystal sugar – 2 tbsp to sprinkle on top
- Add the Instant Latte in hot water and mix it well.
- Cream the butter and sugar well until it becomes light and fluffy – 3 to 4 mins.
- Add egg yolk and latte paste, stir it well to combine.
- Add salt and flour and mix it well to form dough. Wrap the dough and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat.
- Unwrap the dough and roll it between 2 parchment sheets into ¼ inch thick. Use a flower cookie cutter to cut the shape.
- Carefully transfer the shapes onto the prepared sheets.
- Now use little water to brush the surface of the cookies and sprinkle crystal sugar on the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Take them out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes and then transfer onto wire racks to cool down completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of Tea or Coffee!!
- You can add ¼ cup of any nut powder like almond or walnuts. But the taste of the cookies will be slightly nutty than coffee.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.