Do you like Vanilla or Chocolate?
I like Chocolate but in cakes, Vanilla always holds my heart. And when made into layers, it becomes from simple vanilla cake to this elaborate Special Occasion Cake. Lather the cake with a simple Russian buttercream, all it needs is little creativity and little love.
Of course any simple cake can be made into glorious just with addition of single-very-important-good-quality ingredient – ‘Vanilla extract’. The smell of pure vanilla extract made from good quality beans will give you that ultimate pleasure of deliciousness in your senses. And when added to the cake batter, the taste and smell increases ten-fold.
This Cake recipe uses butter, oil and buttermilk to enhance the flavor of vanilla and to keep it moist. All butter cakes tastes great and buttery but when cakes are layered, the moistness of the cake is very important to be taken care of, hence the butter+Oil combo. So better not skip it.
Let’s see what we can create with simple ingredients.
Best Vanilla Cake
Tasty & Yummy Vanilla Cake
- All Purpose Flour – 1.5 cups
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Baking Powder – 2 tsps.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla – 1.5 tsp
- Buttermilk – 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Spray oil in two 6″ circle pans.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla, eggs and beat it one more time.
- Add Flour, salt, baking powder and let it mix thoroughly.
- Add Buttermilk and mix well. The cake butter is ready.
- Divide it between both pans and bake for 35 mins. Toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean with few crumbs.
- This makes for two 6″ inch cake layers. You can use any buttercream or chocolate frosting to make the 2 layer cake. Enjoy !!
- The batter can be used in 9″ pan to make 1 cake. But you need deep one.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.