Yes, I strongly believe there are some foods which should not be made superbly healthy, instead ENJOY every bit of it with total satisfaction BUT in total moderation. Brownies fall first in that category.
Tell me, Whats playing without getting little dirty? Whats fun without a bit of naughty? And Whats yummy without a SMALL dose of Brownie?
Everyone who has a warm brownie definitely goes for a second one. As long as you dont go for third or fourth or fifth, I would say dig-in. I love my warm, just out of the oven, totally melt in the mouth brownie as much as anyone. But my trick to not indulge is by freezing the leftovers as soon as I have my quota of 2 pieces.
I belive in out of sight – out of mind principle. Seriously you should try it.
This recipe uses vegetable oil instead of butter to keep it moist and rich. It has 8 ingredients which are already available in your pantry and you can start baking right now.
It comes together in 1 bowl for easy cleanup and enjoy later, that’s my second mantra. You could also use the same batter to make little cupcakes as I did here. It becomes more sized yummies. Lets start.
Simple & Quick Brownies
1 Bowl simple Brownies
- All Purpose flour – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1 cup
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Cocoa Powder – 2/3 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a parchment paper on a 9×11 brownie baking pan.
- In a bowl, add oil, sugar & vanilla extract, beat well to combine. Add the eggs and beat it again.
- To the same bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder and give it a good stir.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using, into the batter.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for 35 mins.
- Check the doneness at around 30 or 32 min mark with toothpick. If inserted in the middle comes out crumbly, then its done.
- Let cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before moving onto the cooling rack. The parchment sheet comes in handy while transferring to the cooling rack.
- ENJOY !!!
- You can use white & brown chocolate chips to make them more swirly.
Adapated from Allrecipes
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.