Star Ingredients: Pineapple, Yogurt, Cherries & Whipped Cream
Yep, Pineapple is neither pine nor apple. Its simply a big fruit consisting of berries growing together. Its a fun fact, google it.
Raise your hand if you like fresh, sweet, creamy, dreamy on a warm sunny day. I knew I wasn’t the only one who thinks of summer and pineapples are kind of linked together.
This Pineapple Pastry is the one which you have been dreaming. The fresh cream and even more fresh summery pineapple pieces along with sweet cherries, Oh my….this pastry will give you that feeling of Hawaii right here right now.
Inviting spring-summer with fresh pineapple infused pastry is the best way. What do you say?
This recipe can be made in one bowl and the batter is ready in literally 10 minutes. Once the cake is done baking, it has to cool completely before we start assembling. Once it is arranged in layers with whipped cream, pineapple pieces and cherry pieces, we are ready to dive it.
Prepare and wow your family friends for brunch or get-togethers. Don’t forget to be surprised as to how easy it is to make. Enjoy !!!
Fresh Pineapple Pastry
Pineapple Pastry with cherries & Cream
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Pineapple Slices can – 20 oz in 100% pineapple juice
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Melted Butter – 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F or 190 degrees C. Line a 9 x 9 Square pan with parchment paper. Spray oil around the pan.
- In a medium bowl add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and stir it well.
- Add yogurt, melted butter and 1 cup of pineapple juice from the can and stir it well making sure there are no lumps.
- Take few pineapple slices from the can, cut them into small 1 inch pieces around 1/2 cup and mix them in the batter.
- Pour in the square baking pan and bake it for 25 mins. If the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, then its time to take it out.
- Let the cake cool completely before working on the layers. ASSEMBLING THE LAYERS:
- Cut the cake into 2 equal parts and then trim top and side uneven bits.
- To add moisture to the cake, sprinkle some of the pineapple juice from the can.
- Cut few pieces of the pineapple and spread them on the first layer of the cake.
- Now take some of the whipped cream and spread it on the top.
- Take the second part and assemble it upside down on the first part. This is to get smooth finish on the top of the pastry.
- Spread more whipped cream on the top and sides of the layers and smooth it out.
- Decorate the top with more pineapple pieces, cherries and whipped cream. Cut the layers into 2 inch pieces and enjoy.
- Refrigerate the pastry until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.