Do you like your pasta saucy or fried?
I mean I like Pasta but for some reason I don’t like it the traditional pasta-sauce way. That’s all. The few times I enjoyed Pasta was simply tossed with veggies with lots of pepper and garlic.
So, I want to simplify it even more on those days when I am really lazy but craving something warm and super yummy. Garlic pasta is the answer. I like to use garlic in few different ways. Like roasted, ghee roasted, roasted with herbs etc etc.
But wait, even on the lazy days how can I leave pasta without any add-ons? Search the fridge….find Carrots & Asparagus. We got a pair. Add olive oil, salt & pepper and throw them in the oven. My veggies are cooked by the time pasta is done. Easy-Peasy.
Lazy Garlic Pasta
Easy 4 ingredients Pasta.
- Pasta – 8 oz
- Salt – 1/2 tsp for boiling pasta
- Avocado Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Garlic pods – 3
- Chili flakes – 1/2 tbsp (Optional)
- Mc Cormick Chipotle & Roasted garlic – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Dry crushed mint – 1/2 tsp (Optional) Veggies:
- 2 Medium carrots
- Asparagus – 1 bunch
- Olive oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep the veggies by washing and peeling the carrots. Cut them lengthwise into 2 inch pieces. Wash and cut the ends of the asparagus.
- Dry the veggies with kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Layer the cookie sheet with foil and spread the cut veggies in single layer.
- Add oil, salt and pepper and mix the veggies roughly. Bake them for 15-18 minutes.
- Cook Pasta as per instructions and set aside. Don’t forget to add salt while boiling the water. Cut Garlic into thin pieces
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic in the avocado oil. Add roasted garlic, crushed mint and chili flakes if using.
- Add Pasta and toss it to coat the spices evenly. Cover the bowl and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Check the taste and adjust the salt or spices accordingly.
- Serve the Pasta with veggies on the side. Enjoy !!
- You can add butter or butter-oil mix instead of avocado oil.
- You can also add bit of lemon for that fresh citrusy taste.