Star Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Wheat Bran, Coconut Oil
A recipe that can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
A kids – adults favorite alike?
Something you can whip up with ingredients already in your pantry?
If someone asked me any (or all) of these questions, I would be only imagining about the WAFFLES. Nope, none other comes to my mind. Its quick, yummy, very very filling and I never get a “NO” for an answer at my home. Even on the days, I don’t have anything to cook, I can whip up the waffles in minutes and fill everyone’s tummies.
So, what makes them healthy and yummy at the same time? Coconut oil, wheat bran and healthy dose of good quality maple syrup.
Wheat Bran is an excellent dose of Natural food fiber. You can add it to cakes, muffins, cookies, meat loaf, casseroles or even on the top of the fish to get that crispiness.
I usually substitute 1/2 cup of flour for wheat bran in cookies, bread or muffins I am making. There is no difference in the taste of the outcome but I did put in more fiber in the goodies. Now, that’s a good waffle in my book.
Let’s see how we can whip it one more time for you this time. Shall we?
Quick & Easy Whole Wheat Bran waffles
Healthy Whole Wheat waffles
- Wheat Bran – 3/4 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 4tbsp
- Eggs – 2
- Almond milk – 1 3/4 cups
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Sugarr – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with whisk.
- Add softened coconut oil, milk and mix well.
- To this, add flours, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract and combine well.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or blueberry syrup or even strawberry syrup.
- You can use only all-purpose flour for this recipe. Or even all whole wheat flour. But the batter and waffles will be very thick. Add 1/4 cup of milk to the batter, if its too thick.
- This recipe does need 4 tbsp. of baking powder. Don’t skip it.
- You can substitute milk of your choice.
- Even coconut oil can be substituted for vegetable oil.