Do you start your mornings sweet or savory?
I like to start savory that will kick start my mornings in a very good way. Zucchini is one of the veggies which I didnt try for a very long time until I started getting the weekly veggies from my local farm. But once I had it, there is no turning back. Zucchini Pancakes, Zucchini boats, Zucchini-Banana bread and the list goes on.
So, today I want to show how I like to start my mornings with a good dose of zucchini and eggs(protein) in a very savory breakfasty way. You will definitely be hooked up with this super simple-comes under 15 mins breakfast once you try.
so, here we go with the beautiful greens to a good morning start.
Zucchini Savory Pancakes
Morning breakfast made easy with zucchini pancakes.
- Zucchini – 1 Medium – Grated
- All purpose flour – 2-3 tbsp
- Onion Powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and onion powder.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add grated zucchini.
- Now add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- It should be think pancake consistency. If needed add the remaining tbsp of flour or more.
- In a medium pan on medium-low heat, add 1/2 tbsp oil. Once it is hot, pour half of 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Let cook for 2 mins on each side and turn them over.
- Once cooked, place them on paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Enjoy with ketchup or hot sauce. Your choice.
- You can add butter or butter-oil mix to cook the pancakes.
- Add the flour based on the consistency.
- You can add the 2 tbsp thinly cut onions instead of onion powder.
- You can replace zucchini with grated carrots to make savory carrot pancakes.
Have you made these pancakes? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.