Star Ingredients: Boiled Egg & Spices
“Incredible” – That’s how I like to say in one word about EGG.
Do you get the feeling that something is missing from the fridge if you don’t see an egg carton in there, somewhere? I do. There is not one day I can go without having eggs in the house.
And if by chance, there is a day, that’s the day I get the itch to make, bake or fry it. So, I most certainly don’t do the mistake of not picking up the extra egg carton in every grocery run.
Ever since I found the farm near my home and its incredible benefits of eating everything local and fresh, my diet has changed for good.
Believe me when I say FARM FRESH eggs taste better than the grocery store ones. For real, you should try it.
So, coming back to our story – Egg Puffs is regular Bakery food we used to eat very often in our college and office days. When there’s need for spicy, yummy and quick snack – Egg puffs came to rescue and all bakeries carry them in India. And quite a few varieties of them – Egg puffs, veg(etarian) puffs, chicken puffs, paneer puffs and so on.
Its quick to make and bake option makes it a staple in my home for those busy evenings or unexpected guests. Every time someone visits us from India, they always appreciate the puffs along with Tea.
Its very easy to put together this yummy savory treat in minutes. All with the help of Puff Pastry sheets which you can find in the frozen section of your store. From there, you thaw, assemble and bake. Its that easy. But very tasty with your evening tea or morning breakfast.
Bakery style Egg puffs
Easy & Spicy Egg puffs
- 1 package Pepperidge farm Puff Pastry sheets (Found in freezer section)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 tbsp tomato Ketchup
- Take one half of the puff pastry sheets and let it thaw for 40 mins. Simultaneously, hard boil the eggs, take the shells out and cut them in half.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium pan on a medium heat, add the oil. Once it is hot, add onions and fry until they are pink.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and garam masala and mix it well.
- Switch off the heat, add the sauce, mix and keep it ready. Let it cool completely.
- Each puff pastry sheet in the pack in folded into thirds. Cut each sheet into half.
- Put the onion-ketchup mixture in the middle, then add the cut egg on the top as shown in the picture. Close the opposite ends of the pastry using some water.
- Bake the puffs for 15-18 minutes. Enjoy with ketchup.
- Each pack has 2 sheets. Each sheet can be made into 6 pieces of puff pastries.
- Garam masala can be replaced with Italian spices.
Please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org